One out of six websites are powered by WordPress.
And for good reason. WordPress is the most user-friendly CMS (content management system) available for powering your website. Since WordPress is open source, there are literally thousands of themes and plugins (add-ons) that make WordPress a feature-rich and flexible website solution. And best of all, it’s free!
WordPress is social-media friendly, search-engine optimized, and semantic.
In addition to having a built-in blog, WordPress easily integrates with other “social” sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Goggle Plus, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Flickr, and YouTube. There are a number of good plugins that help WordPress websites place well in traditional and semantic search engine results, too.
WordPress is responsive and mobile-ready.
Many WordPress themes are responsive (adjust automatically to display size), and there are many plugins that can make your WordPress website mobile-ready and even behave similar to a mobile application.
WordPress is easily customized.
WordPress sites have many reliable plugins (add-ons) so that you don’t have to be a programmer for your site to be on the cutting edge of the Internet. WordPress can accommodate just about anything you can imagine for your website. From full-featured shopping carts to virtual art galleries, WordPress has a theme or a plugin to make your site unique.
The team at Plumb Web Solutions can:
- Help you choose a WordPress-friendly hosting service and install WordPress for you
- Help you choose a quality and mobile-ready theme and customize it for you
- Set up the plugins you need to accommodate your site’s unique functionality
- Use plugins and other tactics to make your site search engine and semantically optimized
- Help integrate your social media accounts with your WordPress site
- Set up pages and populate your site from scratch or with content from an existing website
- Provide documentation and training so you can maintain your site on your own
- Offer reasonable hourly rates for future updates or additions to your site
- Provide a copy of founder Deltina Hay’s critically acclaimed book, The Social Media Survival Guide.